Tuesday, February 6, 2007

The Gospel of Mark, featuring...your kids

Wow, am I excited about this new project. If giving someone a Bible is good, giving them a CD with your voice on it is GREAT!

A couple of months ago I learned about The Bible Experience, which is the New Testament being read by a group of distinguished black actors and actresses. Shortly after that I read about a ministry doing that with a bunch of kids...it didn't take me long to realize what a powerful outreach this could be. And then, a few weeks after that, I met a new volunteer who listened to the idea and said she couldn't wait to be involved with it.

The result is (or will be) the Gospel of Mark on CD, with most of the parts read by our 4th, 5th, and 6th graders. We'll have big parts and small parts - we hope lots of kids will get involved. The more kids we have read, the more times this will happen: "Hey, listen to this CD that I'm on..." and when it does, God's word is spread to someone who might never open a Bible.

We're doing "auditions" (in reality, there's no pressure, kids will just read a short passage into a tape recorder) this weekend and next, hoping to record in late February. If you want to ensure that your kid is involved, e-mail me and we'll make it happen.