Saturday, September 13, 2014

Greetings from our new 4th-6th Grade Director, James Walton

Hey Parents,

Wanted to first let you all know how excited and passionate I am about being able to pour into the lives of your fourth, fifth, and sixth graders. As I enter into this ministry and seek God's heart for vision, direction and strategy on how to impact your kids, I want to first take the opportunity to introduce myself on a more personal note.

Most of you may know who I am through my famous mother Debbie Walton, and rightfully so. I would not be the man I am today without her influence and example in my life. However, God has particularly done a unique work in my life beyond the influence of North Coast Calvary Chapel.

I grew up in the church, with great examples and love in my life, but I did not find a personal love and devotion for my Savior until after I graduated high school in 2009. The summer after graduating I took a flight down to Chile, South America, and joined a school with a missions organization named "Youth with a Mission" (YWAM). The Lord really took hold of my heart in the first week and began a discipleship process in my life. I spent the next three months receiving great teaching from passionate and committed missionaries and then putting into practice everything that I had learned in the following two months.

Over the next four years I would spend about half the year ministering and serving with YWAM and the other half serving as an intern in the sport ministry here at North Coast Calvary. Between both ministries I have served in about seven different countries (USA, Mexico, Egypt, England, Chile, Argentina, Peru) and have had the privilege to see God move in different ways in each of them. I continued studying with YWAM through their "University of the Nations," where I completed a leadership training school and the school of the fundamentals of biblical counseling.

One of the aspects of this new opportunity to serve that excites me is the role I will have of imparting a lifestyle of discipleship to the hearts of your kids. I hope that through my own personal experiences and lifestyle, they will take to a deeper relationship with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Thanks for your support and prayers and I look forward to serving with you in the discipleship of your kids.