Friday, September 26, 2014

Meet Joan Stevenson, Elementary Department Leader


“Children are at the very center of life in the kingdom of God.” These words from Mark 10:8 (The Message) changed my life recently. I see life with God as an adventure. I want to be in the middle of the action, not missing one thing God has for me. So as I sat one morning with Jesus, contemplating stepping back onto staff with our Children’s Ministry, these words spoke to me. 

My husband and I have called NCCC home since 1997. I ran our junior high ministry from 1997-2003 until my son was born. Since that time, my husband and I have served in every age and grade of our awesome Children’s Ministry. For the past two years I have also had the privilege of being part of our Kids Games Team. 

I love our Kindergarten – Third Grade children and their families. These kids have the most incredible insights into who God is and their relationship with them. They are not just the future of the church. They are the church!  You should step in and see worship. You should see them lean in to soak up all they can of the Bible in our large group teaching time. You should hear their responses in small group time. This is truly the “very center of life in the kingdom of God”. 

I look forward to meeting you and I invite you come check out what is happening in our Kindergarten – Third Grade classes. Step into the action of Promiseland!