Monday, November 3, 2014

Greetings from new K/1 coordinator Blyth Schmidt

Hi - I'm Blyth Schmidt, and I recently started as the Sunday morning coordinator for Kindergarten & 1st grade at NCCC.

About me: Where to start?! I gave my life to The Lord when I was 13 at a Harvest Crusade my best friend had invited me to. I had just started attending the Jr High Youth Group there at Harvest and it was changing me!

I married my high school sweetheart, and we knew we wanted children right away! Enter this crazy crew! Audrey is 11, and many of you who come into K/1 have met her, as she has a beautiful heart for service and looks forward to the weekends with joy!
 

Aidan is 8 and is my task master! He likes to make sure we are all on schedule; he always wants to know what is happening next, and I often find him filling out our weekly calendar at home.
 

And my Ethan, "6 going on 7"! My fun, sweet, generous, crazy one! You will see him 'helping' in K/1 as well, as he has a heart for service like his sister.
 

Our family has been attending NCCC for almost 5 years now since we moved to this area that many years ago from the Central Valley, and before that from Riverside.  We are So Cal people through and through and love everything the climate here has to offer!
 

I'm also a Pilates instructor, when I'm not at church, and feel my calling is to encourage and motivate the people around me, as I can feel the Holy Spirit encouraging and motivating me!
 

I hope you all can stop in soon, say 'hi', and take a minute to visit the super fun Kindergarten and 1st grade classrooms! :)